Hawkin Dynamics' force plate system is used to rapidly analyze neuromuscular outputs in health and performance settings. Integrating your Smartabase site with Hawkin Dynamics provides an opportunity for deep insights into these metrics and helps bring all of your data together to make holistic decisions about peoples' health, performance and risk of injury, in addition to monitoring force and power outputs over time.
Setting up your Smartabase site to integrate with Hawkin Dynamics
What we need from you
Not much! We’ll just need you to confirm with your Fusion Sport consultant which tests (for example, countermovement jumps or drop jumps) you will be running. Once you’ve confirmed you’d like to go ahead with the integration, Fusion Sport will set it up for you.
What Fusion Sport will do
- The Fusion Sport Integrations team will communicate with a Hawkin Dynamics representative to complete the necessary steps for connection with the Hawkin Dynamics platform.
- Your Fusion Sport consultant will add the relevant event forms to your site. Some or all of the forms listed below will be added depending on which tests you will be running. These forms will connect with and store all data from Hawkin Dynamics. You can work with your Fusion Sport consultant to ensure the appropriate roles have access to view this information, as well as any dashboards set up to visualize the data. The available event forms are:
- Hawkin CMJ
- Hawkin CMJ Rebound
- Hawkin Drop Jump
- Hawkin Free Run
- Hawkin Isometric Test
- Hawkin Multi Rebound
- Hawkin Squat Jump
- The Hawkin Dynamics profile form will also be added to your site. This profile form is used by the Hawkin Dynamics account holders to authorize the data connection to Smartabase.
Please speak to your Fusion Sport consultant before adding any new fields to the above event and profile forms as this may have unintended consequences.
Once connected, data will synchronize with Smartabase instantaneously.
How are people's accounts mapped between Hawkin Dynamics and Smartabase?
Smartabase relies on the Hawkin Dynamics Athlete ID to map people’s accounts between the two platforms. Your Fusion Sport consultant will retrieve the Hawkin Dynamics Athlete IDs and import them into the Hawkin Dynamics profile form on Smartabase using the standard data import process outlined below. While this process is generally completed by a Fusion Sport consultant, it is possible to do this yourself provided you have the correct permissions to do so.
- Log into Smartabase Online (using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox). Ensure you’ve loaded a group that contains all the people that you’re mapping.
- Select the Import profile data button which will appear as a front page button or within the navigation bar.
- Choose the Hawkin Dynamics profile form.
- Add a CSV file containing the list of people to map and their Athlete ID numbers, then click Upload. You do not need to generate a template for this task.
- Choose the appropriate Identifiers from the dropdown. These will be the columns containing the names of the people you’re mapping. If the names aren’t an exact match, you’ll be able to manually search for and map the correct people to the names in the file.
- Confirm the CSV columns have mapped correctly to the form.
- Click Next, then click Import.
To add people after this initial import, you can either add the Athlete ID for an individual to their profile or complete the import process for multiple new accounts at once. Your Fusion Sport consultant will be happy to provide guidance throughout this process.