The Kinexon connector enables the synchronization of Kinexon data to Smartabase. Kinexon is a real-time location data and analytics platform, collecting metrics such as heart rate, speed, acceleration and deceleration. Integrating your Smartabase site with Kinexon provides an opportunity for deep insights into these metrics and helps bring all of your data together to make holistic decisions related to people’s performance.
Setting up your Smartabase site to integrate with Kinexon
What we need from you
Not much! To enable the Kinexon connector, you will simply need to transfer your Kinexon credentials to your Fusion Sport consultant. Get in touch with your consultant to discuss how to do this securely. Fusion Sport will complete all remaining steps.
What Fusion Sport will do
Your Fusion Sport consultant will add the Kinexon Session event form (which will store your data) and the Kinexon profile form (used for account mapping) to your site. You can work with your Fusion Sport consultant to ensure the appropriate roles have access to view this information, as well as any dashboards set up to visualize the data.
Please speak to your Fusion Sport consultant before adding any new fields to the Kinexon Session event form as doing so may have unintended consequences.
Once connected, Smartabase will synchronize data with Kinexon every 15 minutes. The initial synchronization will take approximately 40-60 minutes to complete.
How are people’s accounts mapped between Kinexon and Smartabase?
Smartabase relies on the Kinexon Athlete ID to map people’s accounts between the two platforms. Your Fusion Sport consultant will retrieve the Kinexon Athlete IDs and import them into the Kinexon profile form on Smartabase using the standard data import process outlined below. While this process is generally completed by a Fusion Sport consultant, it is possible to do this yourself provided you have the correct permissions to do so.
- Log into Smartabase Online (using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox). Ensure you’ve loaded a group that contains all the people that you’re mapping.
- Select the Import profile data button which will appear as a front page button or within the navigation bar.
- Choose the Kinexon profile form.
- Add a CSV file containing the list of people to map and their Athlete ID numbers, then click Upload. You do not need to generate a template for this task.
- Choose the appropriate Identifiers from the dropdown. These will be the columns containing the names of the people you’re mapping. If the names aren’t an exact match, you’ll be able to manually search for and map the correct people to the names in the file.
- Confirm the CSV columns have mapped correctly to the form.
- Click Next, then click Import.
To add people after this initial import, you can either add the details for an individual to their profile or complete the import process for multiple new accounts at once. Your Fusion Sport consultant will be happy to provide guidance throughout this process.