To assist us in communicating with athletes invited to attend the 2021 NBA Draft Combine, the NBA has created an exclusive version of the Smartabase Athlete app called Combine HQ. This mobile app will enable you to:
- Complete your pre-combine registration.
- View your 2021 Draft Combine testing and interview schedule when available.
- Access your 2021 Draft Combine results when available.
- Get notifications and messages from the NBA.
To create the app, the NBA partnered with technology provider Fusion Sport, who will be collecting the NBA Draft Combine results in one platform to ensure it is easily accessible for both athletes and teams.
Please enable notifications in the app to ensure you receive all communications from the NBA.
Steps to install the Combine HQ app
- Open the Apple Store or Google Play Store on your mobile device.
- Search for the Combine HQ app (free to download and use).
- Follow the prompts to install the Combine HQ app.
Steps to log into the Combine HQ app
- Open the Combine HQ app.
- On the login screen, enter your username (i.e. firstname.lastname) and password provided to you by the NBA.
These are both case sensitive and should not have any spaces in or after them.
For password issues, utilize the support request form at the bottom of this page.
- Select Log in and follow the prompts to set up your PIN login. This will ensure you get app notifications. If you are not prompted, you can also set up your PIN and Face ID login via Privacy in the app Settings.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are having trouble logging in, please ensure that:
- You are following the template emailed to you or your agent by the NBA and have changed the example details to your own.
- You have used capitals where indicated. Both username and password are case sensitive.
- There are no spaces and everything is spelled correctly.
If you are still having trouble logging in, please contact Fusion Sport via the form below. In the Team section of the form please put in Athlete.
Yes, you can review and edit your Pre-Combine Questionnaire at any point.
Simply click on My Data to view all your data entries. Using the calendar, select the date you submitted your questionnaire and click on the entry to review. Click Edit in the top right corner to make changes.
To save, press Update in the top right corner.
The NBA may send you communications via the app. Please ensure you enable notifications for the app via your phone settings to receive these alerts.
If you have unread notifications, a red icon will also appear in the top right corner of your app. Click on this to see all your messages and notifications.
Firstly ensure you have notifications turned on by going to your phone settings and scrolling down to find the Combine HQ app. This should be switched on; if not, please do so.
You can also see if you have unread notifications and messages by checking the Home screen of the app. Any notifications will be indicated by a small icon in the top right corner of the screen. You can click on that to access a list of recent messages.
When completing your questionnaire, please ensure you answer every question as best you can and at the very bottom click on Submit to send it through to the NBA.
No. Once you submit your information it is securely stored in the NBA’s Athlete Management System. If you re-download the app or install the app on a new phone, just use the same username and password to login and you will be able to access all your data as before.
You will have access to all the information that you submit, and no personal information will be available to third parties.
The 2021 NBA Draft Combine Platform is powered by highly customizable athlete data management software, Smartabase, developed by Fusion Sport.
If you have any questions about your app or require technical support please submit a help request to the Fusion Sport Help Desk. In the Organization field (highlighted in the example screenshot below), please enter NBA Draft Combine and your Role at the organization (e.g. NBA Draft Combine Athlete)