Notes first published March 9, 2022
Update available from March 9, 2022
Version 6.11 of Smartabase is being gradually released right now and includes:
- A new sidebar for adding people to groups and roles.
- Ability to set favorite dashboards.
- General improvements.
- Bug fixes.
New sidebar for adding people to groups and roles
Previously, when administrators wanted to add multiple people to a group or role, a large pop-up window was loaded to show all of the available user accounts that could be selected. For those people on a site with a larger number of user accounts, the pop-up window was very slow to load and made performing these tasks quite difficult.
This release replaces the pop-up window with a sidebar that appears on the right hand side of the page, as shown in the screenshot above. The introduction of a sidebar decreases the load time dramatically so that you can start adding multiple people to a role or group sooner. The sidebar also includes filtering options, identical to those you can currently find in the People tool, by selecting the + symbol in the sidebar. For more information on using the sidebar, refer to the Groups and Roles articles.
For now, this sidebar is only available to Add multiple people to a group or role, but we will be looking to extend this to all other bulk action interactions in the administration interface, including adding multiple data permissions to a role.
Ability to set favorite dashboards
In this release, we have introduced the ability to set favorite dashboards. Similar to favorite events, favorite dashboards will be displayed as buttons on the home page to facilitate easier navigation. The screenshot below shows an example of Jamie Anderson’s home page where he has set the Wellness and Training Monitoring dashboard as a favorite dashboard.
Favorite dashboards can be added to a user account from the People tool in the administration interface. People can also configure their own favorite dashboards on Smartabase Online or the Smartabase Athlete app. Note that it is not possible to assign favorite dashboards to a role.
To display favorite dashboards on the Smartabase Online home page, customized page layouts need to include the Favorite dashboards button. For more information on enabling this feature on the home page, check out our article on Page layouts.
We’ve removed the Spotfire Read system permission.
- We’ve resolved an issue where Daily reminders were being sent to inactive user accounts.
- We’ve resolved an issue where some users were being signed out of their account when switching between the builder and administration tools and Smartabase Online.
- We’ve fixed an issue that was preventing people from entering a Last name that only has one character.
- We’ve resolved some issues around permission checks and data integrity in API v1.
- We’ve resolved an issue with License audits crashing the server for larger sites.
- We’ve resolved an issue with the API where coaches needed to be coaches of the specific athlete groups, as opposed to a parent group with sub-groups containing the athletes.
Updates between 6.10 and 6.11
6.10.4 - available from December 24, 2021
In response to a vulnerability discovered in log4j2, we promptly updated the library files that we use to handle various forms of logging on our servers in the 6.10.4 patch release.
Highlights from your last Smartabase Administrator release notes
In the last release notes, for version 6.10 of Smartabase, we announced:
- Improvements to the administration interface.
- Overall performance improvements.
If you missed those release notes, you can read them here