Firstbeat provides world-leading insights into human performance, predominantly through heart rate data with a key focus on heart rate variability. Information collected through Firstbeat technology can be used to optimize performance, manage and reduce injury risk and prescribe individualized training regimes. If your organization uses Firstbeat, you can seamlessly integrate your data with Smartabase and create a holistic overview of peoples' readiness to perform.
Setting up your Smartabase site to integrate with Firstbeat
What we need from you
Not much! We’ll just need you to reach out to your Firstbeat support contact and authorize Fusion Sport to access your Firstbeat data. We recommend you include your Fusion Sport consultant in these communications. Once you’ve confirmed you’d like to go ahead with the integration, Fusion Sport will set it up for you.
What Fusion Sport will do
Your Fusion Sport consultant will add the Firstbeat Session event form (which will store your data) and the Firstbeat profile form (used for account mapping) to your site. You can work with your Fusion Sport consultant to ensure the appropriate roles have access to view this information, as well as any dashboards set up to visualize the data.
Please speak to your Fusion Sport consultant before adding any new fields to the Firstbeat Session event form as it may have unintended consequences.
Once connected, Smartabase will synchronise Firstbeat data every 30 minutes.
How are people’s accounts mapped between Firstbeat and Smartabase?
Smartabase uses Firstbeat Athlete IDs to map people’s accounts between the platforms. When this integration is initially set up, your Fusion Sport consultant will be able to retrieve and map this information for you. The values are imported into the Firstbeat profile form using the standard data import process:
- Open the Smartabase main application on a web browser. Ensure you’ve loaded a group that contains all the people that you’re mapping.
- Select Import profile data. Provided you have permission to do this, it will appear as a front page button or within the navigation bar.
- Choose the Firstbeat profile form.
- Add a CSV file containing the list of people to map and their Athlete ID (this can be provided by your Fusion Sport consultant), then click Upload. You do not need to generate a template for this task.
- Choose the appropriate Identifiers from the dropdown. These will be the columns containing the names of the people you’re mapping. If the names aren’t an exact match, you’ll be able to manually search for and map the correct people to the names in the file.
- Confirm the columns from the CSV file have mapped correctly to the form.
- Click Next, then click Import.
To add people after this initial import, you can either add the details for an individual using Profile data entry or complete the import process for multiple new accounts at once. Your Fusion Sport consultant will be happy to provide guidance throughout this process.