The archive athletes tool is used to remove user accounts from their current groups and place them into groups created for archival purposes. Once archived, the original group will be empty and the users will be moved to the group created for archiving, accessible only to those with permissions to the group.
You can choose to archive more than one group of users at a time.
Create the archive group in the groups tool of the administrator site prior to navigating to the archive athletes tool. Be sure to name the group to reflect its purpose of containing archived users.
This archiving process relocates user accounts to an archive group but it does not deactivate the users accounts or adjust their role(s). To deactivate users, you will need to deactivate each of their user accounts with the people tool.
Steps to archive user accounts using the archive athletes tool
- From the administration interface, select the groups tool and create a group for the archived athletes.
- Return to the administration home page and select the archive athletes tool.
- Select the newly created archive group from the drop-down menu to send the athletes to, then click the Select button.
- Tick the box next to the groups containing the athletes to be archived. Once selected, click the Archive button.
- A pop up message will appear and ask if you are sure you want to permanently archive the selected group as this action cannot be undone. Select OK to proceed.
- The groups that were selected to be archived in step 4 will now be empty. Open the archive group to see the newly added athletes.
To add people back into groups from the archive group, you can either import users into their new groups with the people tool or add them into the new groups using the groups tool.