Notes first published March 16, 2021
Update available from March 16, 2021
Version 6.8 of Smartabase is ready to launch! This release includes new features which improve the login experience for those using multi-factor authentication (MFA). Here’s a short list of what’s new:
- Improved multi-factor authentication set-up process.
- Ability to continue editing event forms while files are uploaded.
The work we've been doing to improve Smartabase is significant and we want to be sure each of our customers has a smooth experience during the upgrade from version 6.7 to 6.8. This means we'll be releasing version 6.8 gradually for all of you through the coming weeks.
Improved multi-factor authentication set-up process
We’ve made some significant changes to your process for setting up MFA . When you first log in to Smartabase, you’ll see prompts to set up an appropriate channel for your MFA codes (email, SMS and/or an authentication app). You’ll also have the opportunity to test your communication preference to ensure your account is set up correctly.
We’ve also included backup MFA codes for situations when you’re unable to use your usual communication method.
Upload files in the background while continuing to edit the form
Previously, when you uploaded a file to an event form, you weren't able to carry on making changes while the file uploaded. We’ve improved this process and files now upload in the background so that you can continue filling in and editing the record. This applies to file uploads, multi-file uploads and attachments.
- The password reset page is now mobile-friendly, so you can open a password reset link from email from your phone or tablet.
- We've adjusted internal messaging so that you can more easily choose which recipients to send content to. Previously, all group members were selected by default. We made this change to help prevent sending information to people unintentionally.
- When you view a report, performance history or table with a column for a signature field, the signature will be visible rather than the "signed" text.
- The multi-factor authentication key is no longer visible on the account screen. If you need to set up an authentication app, check out the multi-factor authentication article.
- We’ve improved the styling of the site switching feature (enterprise sites only).
- We’ve added an icon to the text indicator showing which group is loaded in your browser.
- We’ve resolved an issue with the layout of the password confirmation field on the account registration page. This page is only visible when registration is enabled for your Smartabase site.
- We’ve fixed some styling for date selectors in the Smartabase mobile app.
- We’ve also adjusted the styling to increase the visibility of the error message for files that aren’t able to be previewed.
- We’ve resolved an issue with the download all files feature where only files attached to the first row of a table were being downloaded.
- We’ve fixed an issue where table fields were showing in PDF reports, even if the field was set up to not show in PDF reports.
- We’ve resolved an issue where it was possible to save and lock a record while a file was being uploaded. This button is now greyed out until the file has finished uploading.
- Previously, a record could not be saved if there was a hidden table in the form containing required fields. This has now been resolved.
- We’ve also fixed a label for an event form drop-down selector in the data import process.
Highlights from your last Smartabase release notes
In the last release notes, for version 6.7 of Smartabase, we announced:
- A faster way to view and dismiss system notifications.
- Automatic reloading of the login screen after you log out, so you can come back to Smartabase more easily.
If you missed those release notes, you can read them here.