Notes first published January 19, 2021
Update available from January 19, 2021
Version 2.42 of the dashboard builder has landed on your Smartabase site. This release was focused on performance improvements when building dashboards and increasing the size of the dashboard to suit larger screens, as well as some minor improvements and bug fixes.
Improved experience when building your dashboards
We’ve made some improvements to how sample data is created and displayed when building a dashboard to improve performance. The behind-the-scenes work has been simplified to speed up the sample data creation.
View your dashboards on larger screens!
Previously, if you were displaying a dashboard on a screen larger than 1902px, the dashboard would not fill the entire space. Now, the dashboard will expand to fill the entire screen width.
General improvements and bug fixes
- We resolved an issue in the builder interface where the icon selection pop-up would not appear if you clicked the icon picker button in the sidebar rapidly more than once.
- We also resolved an issue where editing custom categories on pie/donut charts would not update the preview data.
Highlights from your last dashboard builder release notes
In the last release notes, for version 2.41 of the dashboard builder, we announced the following changes:
- The loading screen was removed and redesigned to display the dashboard immediately and load data sources in the background.
- We simplified the action buttons at the top of the dashboard and added notifications to the information button if warnings are present.
- German localization updates.
If you missed those release notes, you can read them here.