Notes first published September 20, 2019
Update available from September 20, 2019
We’re pleased to announce more great news about some of the new features added to Smartabase’s dashboard builder. Expect the 2.19 update to become available to you shortly.
Move sections and widgets between canvases
You can now move a single widget or a section containing a group of widgets from one canvas into another in the dashboard builder. To move widgets and sections, we included a move icon next to the buttons for duplicating and deleting items. The move icon appears above the widget or section you've selected. It will also appear in the dashboard builder sidebar.
You can specify which canvas to move the section or widget to and its location on the canvas. Here you can also choose to switch to the canvas you are moving the section or widget to.
The section or widget you decide to move will keep all of its settings in the new canvas. This includes the data it displays, any conditional formatting and advanced properties.
Redesigned canvas tabs
The canvas tabs have been redesigned to achieve a seamless appearance with the rest of the dashboard theme. The background color of the area containing the canvas tabs now matches the background color of the currently viewed canvas. This is particularly useful for dark colored dashboards. The text color of the selected tab will also inherit the color of the title in the currently viewed canvas. These design updates are visible when building and viewing the dashboard.
When building dashboards, canvas tabs now also collapse into a dropdown menu if they can't all fit within the screen. You can arrange the order that these tabs appear in this menu.
New layout for print settings
Print settings are now visible in a popup that appears when you choose to print a dashboard. Here you can choose the orientation and paper size you want to print your dashboard in.
More options for canvas titles and subtitles
Make your titles and subtitles stand out with more options to customize the text. You can now choose to show or hide both titles and subtitles in a canvas. You can also change the color, size and alignment of the text depending on your preference.
General improvements and bug fixes
- X-axis tick labels can now be rotated anti-clockwise on categorical and time series charts.
- Resolved all instances of 414 errors that would occasionally appear when loading a dashboard.
- Resolved an issue where some categorical charts would cause the dashboard to load indefinitely.
- Resolved an issue where some popups would be cut off when viewing the dashboard on a smaller screen.
- Additional information in the about menu of the dashboard now appears in a popup.
Highlights from your last dashboard builder newsletter
In your last newsletter we announced:
- The ability to filter options within a select box widget.
- Custom gridlines available in the XY scatter chart.
- The ability to customize placeholder text for tiles with no available data.
If you missed it, you can read the last dashboard builder update here.