The Multiple file upload field allows people to efficiently add as many files as they need to a record in Smartabase. When entering data into the form, people can drag and drop files from their computer into the form and they'll all upload at once. Once added, the files can be previewed, replaced and removed easily. This is a useful field type to build into a form when you don't know exactly which types of file or how many will be needed to provide a complete answer.
If you need to put a limit on the number of files or the file sizes, you can use the advanced properties to set a maximum number of files and a maximum file size. The maximum file size limit is measured in MB and is per file, not the sum of all files.
Steps to use a Multiple file upload field in an event form
- Log in to the builder interface.
- Select the Event forms tool.
- Select New event form from the Options drop-down.
- Name and categorize your event form.
- Add a Multiple file upload field from the list of custom fields in the left sidebar.
- Name the Multiple file upload field.
- Set up any visibility criteria you need.
- Adjust the advanced properties if required:
- Do you want to set a limit for Max files?
- Do you want to restrict the Max file size?
- Click Save.