The favorite events tool is a useful tool to assign favorite event forms to a role. Event forms set as favorites appear on the home page for people with that role, as long as the role includes data permission for the event forms that you assign. Having favorite events makes it easy for people to create records or access the performance history for those events. Favorite events also appear in the sidebars when people use Smartabase in their browser.
In this example, we've set up three favorite events for team doctors in Smartabase. We chose event forms frequently used by doctors when examining athletes - injury, illness and medical consultation event forms. Having these forms as favorite events made them more accessible to doctors.
Note that adding favorite events to a role using the favorite events tool will override users' existing favorite events. This includes any favorite events personally set up by people with the role you're assigning favorite events to.
Steps to set up favorite events as an administrator
- Log in to the administration interface.
- Select the favorite events tool.
- Click to add an event form you want to set as a favorite event.
- You can add multiple favorite events and arrange the order in which they appear for the user.
- Select the role you want to assign the favorite events to.
- Once you have assigned favorite events to a role, they'll appear on the home page for every user with that role.