As an organization that uses GymAware, you can synchronize your data directly with Smartabase. GymAware is a technology used for monitoring power and implementing velocity-based training, adopted widely across strength and conditioning settings. Integrating your GymAware data with Smartabase provides the opportunity to create customized analytics and visualizations of strength training and testing data. This can then be combined with other data sets to build a holistic overview of performance, strength development and readiness to compete.
Setting up your Smartabase site to integrate with GymAware
What we need from you
Not much! To enable the GymAware connector, you will simply need to provide your GymAware Account ID and Token to your Fusion Sport consultant (you may need to contact GymAware to retrieve this information). Fusion Sport will complete all remaining steps.
What Fusion Sport will do
Your Fusion Sport consultant will add the GymAware Session event form to your site, which will connect with and store all data from GymAware, as well as the GymAware profile form, used to store account mapping information. You can work with your Fusion Sport consultant to ensure the appropriate roles have access to view this information, as well as any dashboards set up to visualize the data.
Please speak to your Fusion Sport consultant before adding any new fields to the GymAware Session event form as it may have unintended consequences.
Once the GymAware connector is set up and people’s accounts have been mapped (using the steps below), historical data will automatically be synced between the two platforms. Smartabase will then synchronize GymAware data each time a new session is saved.
How are people’s accounts mapped between GymAware and Smartabase?
Smartabase uses GymAware’s Athlete Reference number to map people’s accounts between the platforms. When this integration is initially set up, your Fusion Sport consultant will be able to retrieve and map this information for you. The values are imported into the GymAware profile form using the standard data import process:
- Open the Smartabase main application on a web browser. Ensure you’ve loaded a group that contains all the people that you’re mapping.
- Select Import Profile Data. Provided you have permission to do this, it will appear as a front page button or within the navigation bar.
- Choose the GymAware profile form.
- Add a CSV file containing the list of people to map and their Athlete Reference (this can be provided by your Fusion Sport consultant), then click upload. You do not need to generate a template for this task.
- Choose the appropriate identifiers from the drop-down. These will be the columns containing the names of the people you’re mapping. If the names aren’t an exact match, you’ll be able to manually search for and map the correct people to the names in the file.
- Confirm the CSV columns have mapped correctly to the form.
- Click Next, then click Import.
To add people after this initial import, you can either add the details for an individual using profile data entry or complete the import process for multiple new accounts at once. Your Fusion Sport consultant will be happy to provide guidance throughout this process. When a new account is mapped, historical data will not sync automatically, but a request can be made to your Fusion Sport consultant to trigger a full resync of the data.