“A dashboard is a visual display of the most important information needed to achieve one or more objectives, consolidated and arranged on a single screen so the information can be monitored at a glance” – Stephen Few
Smartabase’s dashboard builder means you can build dashboards that display the Smartabase data you’ve collected using event forms. Event forms record date and time-stamped data about an athlete, soldier or student, and can contain many different fields. You can think of each event form as a dataset, which can be used as a source of data for your dashboards. Each of the dashboard builder’s widgets can then be configured to display data from the data sources you’ve set up.
The dashboard builder makes use of widely implemented web standards for visualizations (SVG, HTML5, and CSS), which allows you great control over the final visual result. This gives you many options for customizing the appearance of your dashboard. The exportable graphics of the dashboard builder make it well-suited for printing.
Across the top of the dashboard builder, you’ll find these elements:
- Dashboard name (ours is called Athlete Availability).
- Status message (indicates whether there are unsaved changes, your draft is saved or your dashboard is published).
- Dashboard tab: used to edit your dashboard’s components.
- Data tab: used to manage your data sources.
- Rulesets tab: used to set up conditional formatting.
- Settings tab: used to edit your dashboard's settings.
- Undo and Redo buttons.
- Save Draft and Publish buttons.
- What’s new.
- Exit button.