The Smartabase Kiosk app means your organization can make use of a shared access point for Smartabase. With the Kiosk app, you can set up a kiosk device for people in your organization to quickly and easily record non-sensitive data, like gym attendance, training availability or session details. First, you’ll need to make sure your Smartabase site is prepared for Kiosk app use, then you can get started with the Kiosk app.
The Kiosk app is available from the App Store on iPads and from the Play Store on Android tablets.
The Kiosk app is currently supported for iPads on iOS 9.0 or later, and tablets on Android 8 or later. It cannot be used on older tablets and is not available for use on phones.
Your Smartabase administrator is responsible for making sure that you've got the right information to log into the Kiosk app - your site location and username. You'll also need to know your password.
To start using the Kiosk app, you’ll need to:
- Find the most suitable version of the Kiosk app for the device it’s going to be used on.
- Install and log in to the Kiosk app.
- Set up each kiosk for its intended use.
- Be aware of our recommendations for using the Kiosk app.
Steps to install and log into the Kiosk app
- Open the iOS App Store or Google Play Store on the kiosk device.
- Search for the "Smartabase Kiosk" app.
- Follow the prompts to download and install the Kiosk app.
- Open the Kiosk app and view the login screen.
- Enter your site location (for example, https://learn.smartabase.com/education).
- Enter the username and password for the Kiosk app account.
- Select the Submit button.
If you are an Android user and are unable to access the Google Play Store, you can download the Android APK file for the Smartabase Athlete app here.
If your kiosk is going to be used by a single user account to access the same Smartabase site every time it’s used, you might want to tick the box that enables the app to Remember the site location and username.
Because your kiosk is going to be used by multiple people, it’s really important to keep some key considerations in mind:
- The purpose of the Kiosk app is for athletes, students, operators or similar members of your organization to record non-sensitive data about themselves.
- As the Kiosk app account owner, you’re responsible for making sure people know how to use the Kiosk app to enter their data.
- You should ensure that the kiosk device is in a safe location and isn’t accessible to the public when in use.
- As the account owner, you must log out of the Kiosk app and store the device securely when it’s not being used.
- Once a PIN has been set up for the Kiosk app, you must keep the PIN secure - don’t store it near the kiosk device.